Summer Hours: Mon - Fri 9-5 | Sat 9-4 | Sun Closed
The Brantford Advantage - Shop Local
Brantford's Best Bicycle Store Year after Year!
~ Celebrating our 48th Year of Sales and Service 1969-2017 ~
Thinking of buying a new bicycle? Great! One of your first choices, and not necessarily an easy one, will be where to shop. It can be a challenge because there are a myriad of stores that carry two-wheelers, from specialty retailers, to giant department stores, to backyard garage operations. At The Bicycle Shop, we can provide you with everything you need to get cycling!
Where you buy, however, has everything to do with what you get. You see, bicycles are not like toasters or suitcases. Bikes are shipped in boxes and they must be assembled and tuned. A professional is required to ensure your bicycle is working correctly. If you settle for anything less, you might not get the most out of your cycling experience.
Bicycles come in a variety of styles, and you should never buy until you've figured out which style is right for you. Measurements and adjustments are required to ensure the bicycle is the right size and fit. Since a bicycle is a working machine, every new bicycle will also need a minor tune-up after the first few weeks of use.
What's more, bicycles can take you wherever you want to go, sometimes at travelling at speeds and carry you over demanding terrain where the machine's materials and construction get tested. A quality bicycle, carefully assembled and fit to you, will be the safest, most durable and fun bicycle to ride.
For these reasons, we strongly recommend shopping at The Bicycle Shop! We have competent salespeople and expert mechanics who'll ensure that you get the right bicycle suited for you and a quality machine that will last! Look for a store that's clean, has helpful personnel, offers a good selection, and an on-site repair department. C'mon in and see what we have to offer!
Check Us Out on Facebook Too!
Here are the 9 Top Reasons The Bicycle Shop is the Best Place to Shop: Scroll or click on the list below to jump to that reason.
1. We have the right bike for you. We offer a wide selection of bicycles for different people and uses. We also provide expert assistance in selecting the proper bicycle type and model. For example, a road bike makes little sense if your plan is to tackle dirt trails. Likewise, if you're into cruising, you certainly don't need to test ride racing bicycles. You need the bike type that's right for you, and our experienced staff will listen to you and help you choose the perfect fit for your level, lifestyle, and budget.
2. Comfort and safety are built into every bike we sell. Bicycles come in different sizes. And they're very adjustable. We find the right frame size for you and then dial in the fit by positioning the seat and handlebars, brake levers and shifters as required. This ensures comfort and that you're in complete control of your bike for safety. There are many variables, too: If you need a softer saddle, we'll put one on. If you prefer to sit more upright, we can accommodate you. Our goal is to make your new bike as comfortable to ride and as easy to pedal as possible. We have years of experience in fitting bikes to riders and we'll get yours fitting so good it disappears beneath you.
3. All our new bikes are assembled by professional bicycle mechanics. You might be surprised to learn that bicycles are not completely assembled at the factory. It's true. They're actually delivered to us disassembled and in a box, and we spend about an hour (depending on the model) assembling, tuning and testing every bike (at no additional charge to you). This is required by the bicycle companies that we deal with, and it ensures that your bicycle will be running well when you head out the door. What's more, our technicians and service department are always prepared to make adjustments and provide advice should you need assistance during a purchase or after a sale.
4. We allow test rides, the best way to select a new machine. How do you know if that new rig is the right ride for you? The best test, and the truest way to judge a bike, is by taking a spin on it. Roll down the street and shift through the gears. Feel how the frame fits your legs and arms. Try the brakes. Stand up and climb. Coast a bit. Does the bike feel comfortable, easy to pedal, smooth? Is it quiet? Do you like the ride? Make some mental notes and return to our shop to try some others. We're happy to let you compare bikes and get a feel so you find the perfect machine.
5. Our experienced staff is happy to offer all the free cycling advice you need. We're staffed by knowledgeable and enthusiastic cyclists who love to share their expertise. Need to learn how to shift, fix a flat, carry gear, pump your tires? Want to find the best places to ride or friends to pedal with? Just ask, and we'll be more than happy to share our experience, tips and tricks.
6. Every new bike purchase comes with a years worth of free adjustments. Bicycles are machines that require maintenance. One of the most important services is the first tune-up, which is due after you've ridden your new bike for a few weeks. During this time, cables might stretch, spokes may loosen and adjustments could change. For your new bike to ride just right and last as long as possible, we provide a years worth of free adjustments where we thoroughly check all systems of the bike. With every bicycle purchase you can bring it back in anytime within the first year of purchase for a tune-up and check over. Since you've made a purchase locally, you don't have to go out of town to receive this service either!
7. All our bikes are guaranteed. We stand behind every bike we sell. If something goes wrong, bring it in and we'll be happy to deal with it. In the rare event of a breakdown, there's also a manufacturer's warranty protecting your purchase.
8. Our bikes offer the highest quality, longest life, and best resale value. We don't stock just any bicycles. Because we stand behind our products, we find and carry only the finest brands and models. Which means that you get a great bike that will last and last with nothing more than regular care and maintenance. And, should you decide to upgrade, you'll be able to sell the bike for a good price.
9. We carry all the best accessories to go with your new bike. Cycling's most fun when you have the right gear to go along with that new bike. Our store is loaded with top-quality accessories and equipment such as helmets, locks, pumps, hydration systems, computers, and plenty of other goodies designed to help you enjoy riding. And, we're happy to advise which choices are right for you. If you're buying a gift for someone else, we also have Gift Certificates too!