Winter Hours: Mon 9-5 | Tues 1-5 | Wed-Fri 9-5 | Sat 10-3 | Sun Closed
* What's Happening at The Bicycle Shop! *
Spring is JUST around the Corner!! ...it's a bigger corner..but it's there!
Okay, so it might not look like it, but Spring will be here soon! Get Ready for Spring with a TUNE-UP Now! Soon the snow will melt, the grass will sprout and you'll want to get out and ride!
Nobody wants to be left waiting during the Spring Rush, Nobody means to put off the repairs, but Trust Us - It happens EVER YEAR!
Be Proactive and Beat the Spring Rush Nowwhile the weather is still - less than ideal for the average cyclist! Seriously...Do it Now! You won't regret it!!
-- Now is the Time to Plan Your Cycling Season --
- Address any Maintenance or Fit Issues with the Bike(s) - Get a Quality Tune-Up, Prep the Bike for the Season- Restock your chain lube and cleaning supplies!
- Make sure your Gear is in Good Shape - Check out the condition of your Helmet, Clothes and other Accessories - Ensure they're still meeting your needs - Consider any improvements or upgrades to make them more comfortable or effective!
- Budget for any New Expenditures - Now's the time to plan for your wheel upgrade, that new lightset, or the helmet you've been eyeing. Also a great time to consider a New Bike, if your current ride is no longer meeting your needs!
- Plan For an Adventure - Register for a Bike Race or Charity Ride, Plan to conquer a new route or distance, Book your Epic "Bucket-List" Worthy Bike Adventure! Seize the Day! Do Something FUN with your bike in 2017!
Doing some of the Nitty Gritty Planning now will ensure you'll be ready to ride when the snow breaks (or whenver the weather is suitable for your personal level of comfort!)
2017 Will be the BEST One Yet - Let us Help You Acheive your Cycling Goals this Year!
We have the Bikes, the Gear, and the Service to allow you to exceed your 2017 Goals!
While many enjoy riding their bicycle year round, for most, the snow and cold temperatures keep many cyclists off their bike until Spring. If you're not an "All-Season" Rider, many are left wondering what to do when they can't ride outdoors.
Here are a few great suggestions!
- Clean your Bike - If you can't ride it, now is a great time to clean it up for the 2017 Season. Perhaps it's still caked with mud from your last epic ride - or sticky with your Electrolyte Drink that dumped on your head after your season ending race win? Now is the time to give your bicycle a thorough cleaning - If cleaning isn't your thing - Bring it to us! We'll clean and detail it for you!
- Keep Riding...Indoors- If you're not familiar with Indoor Trainers yet, you're missing out. Now you can binge watch your favourite TV Show while you pedal away in the comfort of your basement or garage. An indoor trainer allows you to maintain your season fitness without leaving your house (Awesome) - Our most popular brand is TACX . Drop by and we'll show you some options and help you pick out a suitable option!
Tune-Up your Ride -Now is the BEST TIME to bring your bicycle in for a Tune-Up, Not only will we get it back to you in a jiffy, you'll be able to hit the road once the weather breaks. Now is the best time to address the maintenence issues or upgrades you've been putting off all season. This is the #1 thing we can suggest - Get your Bicycle Tuned-Up Now! - You'll beat the Spring Rush and your downtime will be minimal! Make a Resolution to be Proactive this year and beat the rush for your Spring Tune-Up!
You use your helmet as a hairstyling device. HelmetHead is a Hairstyle Right?
Most of your pants have frayed cuffs and chain-grease marks.
You are polite to most everyone, you blush at some rap songs, but you swear like a drunken sailor when a Grandma in an SUV cuts you off!
Although you speak English, you're perfectly capable of pronouncing several words in Italian or French.
The friend who was so happy to see you on his morning drive wonders why you gave him the finger when he honked.
You think nothing of walking into public places dressed like a super hero.
When someone says "It's only a bicycle," your jaw drops and your eyes bug out, you'll gasp "ONLY A BICYCLE?"
A car goes by with two (your preferred gender here) carrying two bikes. Later, you can't recall their hair color or what make car, but you can ID the bikes' make, model and color.
You sometimes wish you had a longer commute to work, just so you could ride more.
You have 3 bikes and you absolutely need more. I have too many bikes (said no cyclists ever!)
You've wiped out in your favourite post ride haunt, since you forgot you were wearing your clipless shoes.
You ride 50km, one way, with a twenty in your pocket and if you actually buy something, you consider leaving the change because of the weight.
You choose a seat by the window so you can "see your bike" while you chat with friends at your favourite post-ride restaurant.
You and your cycling friends can recreate the Jaws scene where Quint, Brody, and Hooper compare scars, each with an even better story, except yours go something like "This is from a 1996 Honda Civic that turned left in front of me and put me over the hood."
Multi-ton cars and trucks tear along in front, alongside and behind you... your pulse rate: 66.
You shop for your spring wardrobe at our store, rather than malls and clothing stores.
You practice track stands and bunny hops in your spare time.
You know the location of all the major potholes between your home and office.
If you can relate to any of these....you're officially a cyclist!
PROBLEM: Drats! It's a great day for riding and you've got a flat tire.
CAUSE: Usually, it's from riding over glass or hitting a hole and "pinch-flatting" the tube.
SOLUTION: Don't panic! Flats happen to everyone and they're pretty easy to fix! C'mon by the shop and we be glad to get you up and running while you wait!
Minis Are Mighty! - Not all pumps fit all frames. If you're not sure what to get, ride your bike in so we can take a look and recommend one. Usually, mini pumps fit best because they come with a bracket that attaches to the bottle-cage screws. Once this bracket is installed, you just snap the pump into it to hold it securely (sometimes there's a little Velcro strap to help keep the pump in place). Or, you might prefer to carry your mini in your hydration pack, backpack or even your jersey pocket (this can get uncomfortable on long rides).